A 16-digit temporary code called the Aadhaar Virtual ID can be utilized for Aadhaar authentications.You can prevent unauthorized access to your Aadhaar information by giving organizations your UIDAI virtual ID rather than your Aadhaar number. Learn more about Creating an Aadhaar Virtual ID. This facility has been started by UIDAI and will be completely operational by June 1, 2018. Since it would be nearly impossible to track the Aadhaar number from the virtual ID, virtual ID has been introduced to address the problem of Aadhaar data leak. Both commercial and public organizations will conduct your e-KYC if you present your Aadhaar virtual ID.Aadhar cards can be downloaded from the UIDAI website using Virtual ID as well.
What is Aadhaar Virtual ID
Aadhaar numbers can be replaced with a virtual ID.The 16 numbers that make up this temporary code are generated using an Aadhaar number.However, the genuine Aadhaar card cannot ever be obtained via the virtual ID, or VID.One virtual ID per Aadhaar number is generated at a time.It can be generated as many times as the user wants. This revocable code can be altered with the change in date, that is, at 0:00 am, and is good for at least one day.
How to Generate Aadhaar Virtual ID via mAadhaar
- By following the instructions below, you can create a virtual ID (VID) using the mAadhaar app.
- The mAadhaar app’s login page
- Then select “Generate Virtual ID.”
- Click the “Request OTP” button after entering your Aadhaar number and solving the security captcha.
- To obtain your VID, enter the OTP that was sent to your registered cellphone number and click “Generate VID.”
Why Do We Need Aadhar Virtual ID
There have been a number of occasions when claims of Aadhaar data leakage have been supposedly made.People have been concerned about the protection of their Aadhaar and its details.The virtual ID was developed by UIDAI in response to public concerns.Agencies cannot access the applicant’s Aadhaar number when users offer virtual IDs instead of Aadhaar, therefore authentication proceeds as usual.As a result, the agencies are unable to access the Aadhaar information in any way, protecting the security of the Aadhaar number and other information.Holders of an Aadhaar can create the virtual ID and use it to sign up for services after successful authentication.
Features of Aadhar Virtual ID (VID)
Through the VID, UIDAI has improved its system in a number of ways.
Some of the key characteristics of the virtual ID include:
- Aadhaar will be replaced by a temporary 16-digit code called the virtual ID for authentication.
- At any given time, only one virtual ID is issued.
- The old VID gets flushed out when a new one is issued.
- By June 1st 2018, agencies must update their systems to include VIDs.
- The virtual ID cannot be used to retrieve an Aadhaar number.
- The number of virtual IDs that can be created is unbounded.
- It is not compulsory to generate VIDs. In lieu of a VID, a person might provide their Aadhaar.
- Agencies cannot force applicants to provide Aadhaar number for e-KYC or verification
- Agencies have to take consent from the user for authentication using VID
- No agency is entitled to store the virtual ID or any other Aadhaar details obtained for authentication
- Until the user generates a new virtual ID, it is still valid.
- When you recover your Aadhaar, the last created VID is given to the registered cellphone number
To use all online services associated with Aadhaar, a mobile number must be linked to it.
You must first link your cellphone number to Aadhaar by going to a nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Center if you have not already done so before you can create the virtual ID.