Straw hats for women are the perfect shade of summertime. Since these hats are made of straw, they are light, stylish, and comfortable to wear even on a hot summer afternoon. Most importantly, they provide a cool sensation on your head and keep you feeling fresh all day long! For decades, women have been wearing straw hats made out of felt or similar materials while enjoying a summer day on the beach.
However, many people still wonder about these straw hats’ unique qualities. Therefore, if you have decided to buy a straw hat for yourself, you must first familiarize yourself with its key features and basic types. Once you know what makes a perfect straw hat for women, you can easily find a perfect hat for yourself.
Key Features Of A Straw Hat
Straw hats come in various shapes and styles to suit different tastes and preferences. Many materials are used to make them, so you need to find one that goes best with your dress. Here are the essential features of these hats:
The first thing you need to understand about straw hats is that they come in very different styles. The type and shape of the crown differ significantly, while the brim may be up or down, curved or straight. They can be designed in any way you want, but it is up to you to decide which style suits best for you.
Some women prefer long, narrow crowns, while others prefer wide ones with large brims. If you are planning to buy a straw hat, don’t forget to pay attention to the style of the crown and visor.
- Brim Type
The brim is the part of a straw hat you rest your chin on when you wear it. You can choose from a variety of brim styles, but the most popular ones (and those that are easier to find) are:
- Flat Brim: This type is straightforward, round, and flat. It is not as common as other brim types, but it is clear to maintain because no curled edge or trimming is required.
- Folded Brim: This brim has two sides, a flat one and a curve. It is also known as an “S” wool hat because it has two “S”-shaped folds.
- Banded Brim: This type looks like a crown with a band around the edge. The band keeps the edges of the brim together while you wear the hat, allowing them to contract instead of springing away from your face when you bend over.
Choosing the perfect straw hat for women is not easy, but your task will be much easier if you can choose what type of brim and materials to go with. Different brim types are designed to give that perfect look for hat-lover ladies.
- Materials Used
The materials used to make straw hats fall into two basic categories: synthetic and natural materials. There is a considerable difference between them, so you need to know which type of material you want to go for depending on your fashion sense.
If you want your straw hat to look old-fashioned, go for natural materials such as alpaca, wheat, or sheep’s wool. However, straw hats are best as they are lightweight and comfortable for long hours of wearing.
- The shape of the crown
When it comes to the shapes of crowns, you will find lots of different options to suit your style and personality. There are various shapes and sizes you can choose from, but if you are unsure, then it is best to buy a hat based on these features:
- Circumference – The hat should fit well around your head so that it looks classy when you wear it.
- Forehead – This determines the style of the brim. If you want a simple straw hat with a round, flat brim, choose one with a small forehead.
- Width – The more comprehensive the crown, the larger its brim should be. A broad crown also makes the hat look stylish and attractive.
The crown is a crucial part of your straw hat, and you should pay close attention to it when buying a new hat. Additionally, you can use special reshaping tools to maintain your hat in perfect shape.
- Brim Width
The width of a straw hat’s brim depends on its style. If you are looking for a straw hat that is plain and simple, then go for one with a small brim. If you want a hat with a large brim, it will be challenging to find one with just the right size, but if you don’t mind spending more, there is nothing better than seeing it!
There are so many styles, models, and types of straw hats that it is impossible to name just one as the best straw hat for women. So now you have seen the features of a straw hat, it is time to choose one that will suit your personality and style. Pick the design and materials that you like best to get the perfect hat!