A fresh dive is therefore good for your condition and your mood. But how exactly do you get started with lifeguard course.
- Currently (in corona times) it is mandatory to record your swimming in advance . Check the website of the swimming pool in your area to make an appointment.
- Always start and end your workout with a shower and a foot bath . That’s a lot more hygienic. Some pools also ask to put on a swimming cap.
- Wear comfortable swimwear that fits well and does not stretch. Also make sure you have well-fitting goggles and a hair tie to tie your long hair together.
- Are you just starting to swim? Then regularity is very important: stick to a training schedule and train on fixed days and hours.
- The message is perseverance! Know that it will go a little smoother each time, and that the first few weeks are the hardest to stick with. Your condition will gradually improve.
- Do not overdo your training , listen to your body and take regular rest days. If you missed a workout, pick up where you left off.
- Find a training partner . Swimming together is more fun and motivating to achieve your goal.
- Don’t forget to warm up and stretch to combat muscle fatigue. The more tense your muscles are, the less well your body will float. Plus: a good warm-up also prepares your heart for the effort.
- Make sure you can breathe comfortably while swimming , without constantly gasping for air. If so, take a small step back.
- Make yourself comfortable with accessories , such as paddles and boards. They help to improve your technique and to swim longer without getting tired.
- To avoid stomach upset, it is best to eat a light meal about two hours before your departure. If you swim for less than an hour, special sports nutrition and drinks are not necessary.
- Drink enough before and after your workout , even if you are not thirsty. This will reduce the risk of cramps.
- Would you like to improve your techniques, and that under professional guidance? Then ask about swimming lessons in the pool near you.
FIT AND HEALTHY WITH DRAGONFLY
A healthy mind in a healthy body, that’s what we’re aiming for this year! And you don’t have to do that alone, because during Fit & Healthy weeks we are happy to lend you a helping hand, with:
interesting articles packed with useful information;
fun workout videos with lifeguard course that gradually help you towards a fitter and healthier body;
and a number of feasible training schedules for walking, jogging, cycling or swimming, developed by the personal trainer. Feel free to take a look and download (completely free) the swimming schedule to swim 1500 meters of breaststroke in 10 weeks!
A SUPER MOOD
During exercise, endorphins are released: substances that give you a feeling of peace and happiness. In addition, you don’t have to think about anything while doing laps and you can put all your worries aside for a while.
SMALL CHANCE OF INJURIES
Finally, but certainly not unimportant point: swimming is one of the few sports where the risk of injury is very low . In the water you weigh 90% less and you save your body much more, so that you do not strain your muscles, tendons and joints.