The size of social networks is vital to a good Social Media strategy. All visual media must be seen in perfect quality to get good engagement because the reality is that, yes, size does matter. Therefore, today at #SloannBlog we show you the sizes you should use for images and videos from the main social networks.
Social Media strategies are acquiring a lot of weight today since, without a doubt, social networks are part of people’s daily lives. Its operation is as simple as publishing a visual element, which can be an image or a video, accompanied by written content.
This visual element becomes just as important as the publication’s content since it is about what represents you as a brand and what works to transmit information to your followers. Have you heard that “a picture is worth a thousand words”? Well… It is true!
However, a widespread mistake has pixelated images on your social networks. We often need to know exactly the ideal size for each of them and each element of our social network. Therefore, today’s post will be dedicated to knowing the sizes for the main social networks: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitch.
Are you going to miss it? Start improving the quality of your content and the strategy of your social networks. These are the sizes on social media!
Instagram is the leading social network for sharing and publishing images. Thousands of images are shared every hour, and its popularity makes you reach many users simultaneously.
Thus, the measurements must be perfect. Find out what they are!
- Profile photo: 180×180 pixels.
- Square Post: 1080×1080 pixels.
- Stories: 1080×1920 pixels. Aim! The duration of the images is a maximum of 7 seconds, and that of the videos is 15 seconds.
- Publication portrait or vertical: 1080 x 1350 pixels.
- Landscape or landscape publication:1080×608 pixels.
- Reels and IGTV: Reels and IGTV videos must have a size of 1080×1920, and their maximum duration is 30 seconds, while the cover or cover will have a size of 420×654 pixels.
Facebook is another of the social networks that lead the ranking of the most used this year. Today, it has more than 2 million users, which is why most companies and brands have made a name for themselves.
In this case, the sizes of images and videos are distinguished based on the following elements:
Profile photo: 320×320 pixels.
- Publications: images and videos must both have a size of 1200×630 pixels, taking into account that the latter’s duration must be between 30 seconds and 5 minutes.
- Cover of a page: 820×312 pixels, whether an image or a video. The videos, in this case, cannot be longer than 90 seconds.
- Event: 1920×1080 pixels.
- Stories: 1080×1920 pixels.
Twitter occupies the third position in the ranking of the most used social networks today. Its importance has evolved from being a network increasingly used by young people.
In addition, studies claim that tweets with images help increase engagement by almost 35%.
- Posts or tweets: the recommended size is 1040×584 for images and videos. However, the minimum is 520×292 in images and 522×294 in videos. Don’t forget that the maximum duration of the videos is 2 minutes and 20 seconds!
- Profile photo: 720×720 pixels.
- Cover photo: 1200×400 pixels.
- Fleets: Images and videos must be 1080×1920 pixels. In addition, it is recommended that images be uploaded in JPG and PNG format and videos in MP4 format.
If we have to name a social network that has rocked it in 2020, without a doubt, that is TikTok. Users have risen like wildfire, revolutionizing the world of social networks.
In it, videos are made, mainly musical ones, lasting between 15 and 60 seconds. Its strong point is virtualization; this is likely why many companies have entered this dynamic social network.
Its measurements are straightforward:
- Profile photo: 200×200 pixels.
- Post: 1080×1920 pixel videos.
LinkedIn is the most professional social network on the list; for this reason, the images or videos we add to our profile must be of perfect quality.
If your profile picture is blurry, the chances of engagement drop considerably, so take note of LinkedIn’s metrics!
- Cover photo:1584×396 pixels.
- Company logo or profile picture:300×300 pixels.
- Cover photo of a group: 1776×444 pixels.
- Posts– Images must be 1200 x 627 pixels. However, if you publish a square image, it must be at least 1200×1200 pixels.
YouTube is the largest video portal you can find on the Internet. It doesn’t have any kind of competition regarding sharing videos.
Companies and brands widely use this social network to show video tips and advice on their products or services. Thus, optimizing your images and videos is key.
- Profile photo: 800×800 pixels.
- Cover photo: 2560×1440 pixels.
- Video thumbnail: 1280×720 pixels.
- 16:9 Aspect Ratio: The YouTube preset uses a 16:9 aspect ratio, the standard aspect ratio for YouTube videos. FlexClipis a good choice for creating videos for YouTube as it provides the necessary features to create high-quality videos in the correct size.
The growth of Pinterest is incredible. So much so that studies estimate the growth of 25 million users every four months. For this reason, more and more brands and companies are choosing to open a profile on this social network.
The ideal sizes for posts and elements are as follows:
- Profile photo: 400×400 pixels.
- Pins:From 238 pixels wide to a maximum of 600 pixels.
- Vertical pin:1280×720 pixels.
- Board cover:200×200 pixels.
Twitch is considered the largest live streaming platform in the world, and, in its beginnings, it was created to broadcast video game games. However, for some time now, mainly due to the confinement, its contents have been expanded to discuss other topics and hold talks or interactive classes with users.
For this reason, companies have this social network in their sights since it can become a real opportunity to interact with their consumers. These are Twitch’s social media sizes!
- Profile photo: 720×720 pixels.
- Cover photo: 1200×480 pixels.
- Video Player Banner: 1920×480 pixels.
- Information panels: 320×200 pixels.