If you’re like most people, the first thing you’ll do when your AC compressor stops working is panic. But before you call a repairman, there are a few things you can do to troubleshoot the problem of ac compressor stopped functioning regularly. In this post, we’ll walk you through the steps to take to diagnose and fix an AC compressor that’s stopped working. So don’t sweat it – we’ve got you covered!
How An Aircon Compressor Works?
The aircon compressor is the heart of the air conditioning system. It constantly pumps refrigerant through the system, and is responsible for maintaining proper pressure levels. The compressor is driven by an electric motor, and uses a series of valves to regulate the flow of refrigerant. When the system is turned on, the compressor begins to pump refrigerant through the system.
The refrigerant passes through an evaporator, where it absorbs heat from the surrounding air. The refrigerant then passes through the condenser, where it releases the heat. Finally, the refrigerant returns to the compressor, where the cycle begins anew. By repeating this process over and over, the aircon compressor is able to maintain a comfortable temperature inside the room.
Steps To Take to Diagnose and Fix an AC Compressor
- Check The Power Supply
First, check to make sure that the power supply to the AC unit is working properly. If the unit is not receiving power, it will not be able to function.
- Check The Thermostat
Next, check the thermostat to see if it is set properly. If the thermostat is not set correctly, it can cause the AC unit to stop working.
- Clean The Coils
If the coils on the AC unit are dirty, it can cause the unit to stop working properly. Be sure to clean the coils on a regular basis to prevent this from happening.
- Replace The Air Filter
If the air filter on the AC unit is dirty, it can also cause the unit to stop working properly. Be sure to replace the air filter on a regular basis as well.
- Check For Leaks
Leaks in the AC unit can also cause it to stop working properly. Be sure to check for any leaks and repair them as soon as possible.
- Check For Obstructions
If there are any obstructions blocking the airflow to the AC unit, it can cause the unit to stop working properly. Be sure to clear any obstructions that may be blocking airflow.
- Have A Professional Inspect the Unit
If you are still having problems with your AC unit, it is best to have a professional inspect it for you. They will be able to diagnose and fix any problems that may be causing your unit to malfunction.
Benefits Of Hiring Professionals
- Air conditioners are a big investment, so it’s important to keep them in good working condition.
- Hiring a professional from Socool for aircon servicing can help to extend the life of your air conditioner.
- Professional aircon servicers have the knowledge and experience to properly maintain your air conditioner.
- They can also identify potential problems with your air conditioner and fix them before they become major issues.
- Regular servicing by a professional can also help to improve the efficiency of your air conditioner, saving you money on your energy bills.
- Professional servicers can also provide you with advice on how to use your air conditioner in the most efficient way possible.
- Hiring a professional for aircon servicing is an investment that will pay off in the long run.
- So if you want to keep your air conditioner in good working condition, be sure to hire a professional for regular servicing.