To take advantage of government programmes, it has been advised that the Aadhaar number be linked to all financial and significant papers. IRDAI (Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority) had informed all the life and general insurance offering organizations to assist their subscribers link Aadhaar number with Life Insurance Policy in accordance with the Prevention of Money-Laundering (Maintenance of Records) (Seventh Amendment) Rules, 2017. In order to accomplish this, HDFC has developed a simple process for seeding the two papers, which account users can use to link their HDFC Life Insurance Policy with their Aadhaar number and PAN number. The online process for integrating your Aadhaar Card and PAN numbers to your HDFC Life Insurance Policy is described here.
The government has made it mandatory for everyone to link their financial instruments to their Aadhaar cards. Additionally, policyholders must link their insurance plans with their Aadhaar cards, according to a statement from IRDAI. The policyholders must further link their PAN cards to the appropriate insurance plans. All policyholders of HDFC Bank are able to link their Aadhaar cards to their insurance policies through both online and offline channels. The following describes both of these techniques. Before connecting your insurance policy to your Aadhaar card, you need have access to your policy information, PAN card information, and Aadhaar card information.
Linking Aadhar to an HDFC Life Insurance Policy in 3 Easy Steps
The process of integrating Aadhaar with HDFC Life Insurance is simple and straightforward. The steps that will help you seed Aadhaar and the HDFC Life Insurance Policy are listed below.
Visit the website at https://cp.hdfclife.com/Aadhar Info/Default.aspx?Source=Website in step one.
Step 2: Accurately enter your 12-digit Aadhaar, PAN, and insurance numbers.
Step 3: When you’ve finished, press the “Submit” button.
Online Aadhaar-HDFC Life Insurance Connection
There is also an offline way available for those who would rather not use the internet to link their Aadhaar cards to HDFC life insurance policy. To link your PAN and Aadhaar with your HDFC insurance policy, you simply need to follow the short instructions below:
- Visit an HDFC Life insurance office nearby.
- Complete the PAN and Aadhaar connecting form.
- With the form, include a self-attested copy of your PAN card and Aadhaar card.
- Give the executive the paperwork to receive your transaction number.
- This transaction number can be used as a reference and to determine whether your Aadhaar has been connected to your insurance policy.
Important considerations while connecting your Aadhaar to your HDFC Life policy
While integrating your Aadhaar card with your HDFC life insurance policy, there are a few crucial things to bear in mind. These are a few of those things:
- When filling out an online form, it’s crucial to have your information on available, including your policy number, PAN information, and Aadhaar card.
- Your insurance policy and your Aadhaar card would be connected on your behalf by HDFC life.
- The organisation would use UIDAI to obtain data like your Aadhaar number, birthdate, etc.
- Any other information outside your name (as it appears on your Aadhaar card), Aadhaar number, and birthdate is never disclosed by UIDAI HDFC life
Aadhaar and HDFC Life Insurance Policy Linkage FAQs
Is there a way to connect an HDFC Life Insurance Policy and an Aadhaar offline or via SMS?
Aadhaar and PAN card numbers cannot yet be linked to insurance policies via SMS or offline methods. If the options are offered, the bank’s official website will be updated.
In the past, I have connected my LIC Life Insurance policy to my Aadhaar number. Does HDFC Life Insurance Policy use the same connecting procedure?
No, there are distinct procedures for each insurance provider company to link an insurance policy to an Aadhaar number.