The Aadhaar card initiative was launched by the Government of India in order to assign a unique number to each Indian citizen and non-resident Indian. The Government of India has delegated end-to-end management of Aadhaar card issuance to UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India). Aadhaar numbers can also be linked to services such as mobile phones, bank accounts, and LPG. BSNL, an Indian government-owned telecommunications company, provides services for link Aadhaar to a BSNL number. However, as of November 2018, the linking procedure is not required.The fact that Aadhaar is linked to a single BSNL number does not imply that multiple BSNL numbers owned by the same person are automatically linked to his or her Aadhaar.
As a result, each BSNL mobile number must be linked to his or her Aadhaar card separately. The linking service is available for both prepaid and postpaid BSNL numbers.
This effort is part of a strategy to combat the rapidly increasing incidents of fraudulent practices, such as securing SIM cards against fake identity cards. To proceed with the process of linking Aadhaar with your BSNL number, you must first register your BSNL number with UIDAI.
If the BSNL mobile number you registered with Aadhaar differs from the number you want to link now, you must update the new BSNL number with Aadhaar before you can link it to this number.
Link Aadhaar card with BSNL using OTP facility
The government established a toll-free number 14546 for Aadhaar authentication – This number is used by all telecom operators, whether prepaid or postpaid. You must dial this number.
You will be asked to confirm whether you are an Indian citizen or a non-resident Indian (NRI).
This method is available for mobile numbers already registered with UIDAI under your Aadhaar number. The process is very simple.
- You must then give your operator permission to re-verify your phone number with Aadhaar.
- Then enter your Aadhaar 12-digit number. The IVR will read it back to you, and you can confirm it by pressing the ‘1’ button.
- Your mobile number receives an OTP.
- You are once again asked to give your operator permission to verify your personal details such as Name, Photo, and DOB from the UIDAI database.
- The IVR will repeat your phone number’s last four digits.
- If it is correct, you must enter the received OTP
- If you do not have any additional BSNL connections, press ‘0’.
- Your Aadhaar re-verification request has been accepted.
- Within the next 24 hours, BSNL will send you an SMS confirmation. To complete the linking, you must reply ‘Y’ to this message.
- When the linking is successful, you will receive an SMS confirmation.
Link Aadhar card with BSNL through IVR facility
You can easily link Aadhaar with your mobile connection by following the instructions on the BSNL Customer Care IVR. The steps are given below
- Call the BSNL toll-free customer service line.
- Select the option to link Aadhaar with a mobile number on the IVR.
- Enter your Aadhaar number, which is 12 digits long. The IVR will read it back to you, and you can confirm it by pressing the ‘1’ button.
- You will receive an SMS within 24 hours confirming that your Aadhaar has been linked to your BSNL number.
Please keep in mind that this method will only work if the mobile number is the same as the one registered to your Aadhaar on the UIDAI database.
For all Indians, Aadhaar serves as an identity verification document. Its goal is to keep miscreants from abusing the system for fraudulent and illegal purposes. It contributes to putting a stop to the black money menace that has been corroding the economy and preventing benefits from reaching the deserving. Apart from these advantages, it also aids in the e-KYC process, which is required for a variety of financial services such as bank accounts, stock trading, mutual fund investments, and insurance policies. A mobile number linked to your Aadhaar number will also allow you to e-verify your income tax returns without the need for paper documentation.