Downloading apps on your phone basically allows you to enjoy all the features that technology has to offer. You can play games, watch movies, do online shopping, read the news, stay in touch with your friends, and many more. All of that is possible because of the downloading feature on your phone. However, each brand of the phone has its own steps to download the apps, which is what this article will explore.
Before moving on to how to download apps, you need an internet connection to make that possible. For mobile phones, the internet is provided through data by the mobile phone service provider. For instance, Xfinity Mobile provides data to Xfinity subscribers’ mobile phones. With this data connection, Xfinity subscribers can download apps on their mobile phones, and also are able to use these apps if they require an internet connection. Hence, mobile phone data is an essential element of having apps on your mobile phone.
How to Download Apps on your iPhone?
Apple iPhones have a huge marketplace for getting apps on your iPhone. Many of these apps might be available for purchase – costing from 99 cents to a few dollars – but you will also find some free apps as well.
- Open the Apps Store on your iPhone.
- Search or browse for the app that you want to download in the search bar. You can even use tabs at the bottom of the screen such as Games, Apps, and Arcade to scroll through different categories of the apps.
- Select an app that you want to download. The download button to the right of the app will tell whether the app is free to download or must be purchased. If you see the message Get, it means that the app is free. Open means that the app is already installed on your phone. A price shows that it’s a paid app and will show how much it costs. A cloud icon shows that you already own the app, but it was deleted; tap on it to download it again.
Tap on the name of the app to open a new page where you can find its detailed information.
How to Download Apps on your Windows phone?
Following is a quick overview of how you can download apps on your Windows phone;
- Scroll down the Start screen to find Marketplace.
- Tap on Applications, to find a list of categories to browse through
- If you know which app you are looking to download, tap on the Search button at the bottom of the screen and type the name of the app.
- Tap on the app and then tap on Install at the bottom.
- The process of purchase will be then verified. If you are a new user, you will be taken to a screen where you can set up your account.
- After following through with the process of making your account, Windows will then prompt you to confirm downloading the app.
- Once the app has been downloaded, you can find it in the Games folder on the homepage.
How to Download Apps on your Android phone?
If you are an Android phone user, you can download both the free and paid apps on your phone.
- Open the Play Store app on your Android phone.
- Search for the app from the list of suggestions or type on the search bar.
- Open the tap and tap on Install to download the app on your phone.
You will be taken through the purchase procedure if it is a paid app.
However, downloading from the Play Store app is not the only way for you to download apps on your Android phone. You can download it from other sources too. But such action comes with its own risks.
- Your Android phone could lose data.
- Your personal data could get hacked.
Each of these different brands of mobile phones has its own way of downloading apps, but they have just one in-built store app where you can browse the list of apps to download on your phone. Some of these apps may be free to download or some might need to be paid for. Whatever the circumstance, the purpose of these apps is for you to enjoy the technological features that they have to offer.