In India, there are an incredibly large number of two-wheelers. In 2021, two-wheeler domestic sales reached 15.12 million units, and two-wheeler vehicles continued to dominate vehicle production.
Two-wheelers are a great way of commuting around town or having fun on the roads. Two-wheelers can come in two forms: Electric start and kick-start.
The market for electric start two-wheelers has grown dramatically. Electric starts are becoming more and more common, mostly due to their effectiveness and simplicity.
Are you unsure whether to get a two-wheeler with an electric start or a kick-start? This article will address your concerns and whether one needs to opt for an online two-wheeler loan to finance their dream bike.
Electric Start Two-Wheeler
Let us start by understanding how an electric start two-wheeler works. Electric starts are a simple way of getting started on the journey without having to kick the lever. One has to press a button, and off you go.
An electric starter uses electricity to turn the crankshaft. The two-wheeler’s battery supplies the electric current.
As soon as the motor begins to revolve, it accelerates until it achieves its top speed.
Pros of electric start two-wheeler
Electric start two-wheelers offer many benefits; a few of them are:
- One advantage of the electric start two-wheeler over the traditional kick-starter is that they do not require a lot of strength. The start button only requires a slight push.
- You can start these bikes faster than conventional kick starters.
- Moreover, starting the electric start two-wheeler is easier on steep climbs.
- An electric start performs effectively and is simpler to start than a kick-start bike when one needs to stall the bike while waiting for the traffic to clear.
- Only an electric start can rescue a person’s day in situations where they need to restart quickly after their two-wheeler crashes.
Cons of electric start two-wheeler
While electric start two-wheelers offer many advantages over kick starters, they have some cons.
- Batteries are used to power bikes with electric starters. If the battery runs out, it could disastrously fail.
- Rainy weather makes it impossible to ride electric start bikes because they could malfunction if they get wet.
- Additionally, the battery may freeze in a chilly environment, necessitating additional maintenance.
- Since the electric system in electric start scooters is made up of many elements, they might also require a lot of maintenance. These frequently require ongoing maintenance and replacement.
As opposed to electronic starters, which require pressing a button to start, kick-start bikes need one to kick a pedal repeatedly. The crankshaft’s gears turn when the pedal is depressed. Once more, the motor starts due to the gears turning.
Pros of kick start two-wheeler
Some of the pros of kick-start two-wheeler are:
- Since kick starters require less maintenance, they never let their riders down.
- Kick-start bikes function more effectively in rainy seasons than electric start bikes.
- Kick-start bikes are substantially lighter than electric start bikes, which makes riding on narrow paths simple.
- Even if the two-wheeler stops working in the middle of the road, riders can kick the pedal and start moving.
Cons of kick start two-wheeler
A few of the cons of the kick-start two-wheeler:
- Since these two-wheelers may need many kicks, they are less user-friendly for new riders. Moreover, kicking the pedal might make riders feet hurt.
- Kick-starting the two-wheeler might become difficult. When they are cold, it sometimes takes a while for them to begin.
- Despite requiring little maintenance, kick-start bikes still require repairs.
Which is the best?
Both kick-start and electric start have advantages and disadvantages depending on the user, significantly altering how the bike operates and rides.
While kick starts are more affordable and require less maintenance, electric starts are more convenient. Which is better for riders will depend upon their needs and requirements.
To ensure that they are never left stranded when the battery fails, it is recommended to have a bike equipped with both an electric start and a kick start.
Each type of bike has its benefits and drawbacks. Do not allow a lack of money to impede you from purchasing whatever you want to. Take the best bike loan and purchase your dream bike.
Fulfil your goal of buying a bike by obtaining the best bike loan from NBFCs like Muthoot Capital.